Now, I’m not a superstitious person– ladders, black cats, Friday the thirteenth… whatever. But the weather situation in my corner of the planet and in many other places worldwide has left more than a few of us contemplating superstitions. Here are my top ten reasons it hasn’t snowed (more than an inch here and there) in Utah:
10. Brown is beautiful- right? -that’s Park City as of January 17, 2012.
9. I know exactly where the snow shovels are, and I bought one of those curvy handled shovel, you know- the one’s that are always sold out… at the beginning of the winter (thank goodness I didn’t buy a snow blower).
8. I overheard a great-grandmotherly lady at the post office telling everyone that it’s her fault, she prayed for a mild winter because she’s too old to shovel snow. Then she apologized.
7. We still haven’t landscaped our backyard and thought I’d get to forget about it all winter.
6. Just about everyone in Utah (even the haters) have changed their tune and are now praying- literally & constantly for some moisture to fall- or we’re all in for it next summer.
5. The Mayans were right- it’s the beginning of the end.
2. You know how when someone wants you to do something real bad and just because they want you to do it- you do the exact opposite? (…think teenagers.) In this case it’s Mother Nature’s turn to act like a punk. Too many new efforts were made after last years record snow fall such as this giant gate at the mouth of Sundance Canyon. It keeps all the hot shots from weaving past a closed sign and attempting to make it up a snow filled canyon and ending up in the river- used to happen all the time, but not this year.
1. For the 1st time in my husbands life he personally made the effort to clean out a side of the garage to park his car in- anticipating and avoiding of the hassle of getting to a car buried in snow– this is a HUGE deal and I’m convinced it’s the main reason it won’t snow. Thanks a lot dude. Another day without a cloud in sight, making snow as fast as humanly possible. I don’t know about you, but I’m sufficiently frightened and creeped out.This could be your grandson.