Got the Confetti quilt top all sewn together, now onto the next step of getting it all quilted. It needs to make a plane for delivery to Costa Rica with a friend in a few weeks so I’m under the gun. Having a deadline has been a good thing and given me a sense of accomplishment. I feel less guilty, lazy and slovenly about all the unfinished projects that sit around me yet to be completed (or even started).
This quilt is for my daughter’s host family, she’s currently on a foreign exchange in Costa Rica. They own a flower business and beautiful greenhouses surround their house (so I’ve been told) so I spread the ‘seed package’ fabric throughout the quilt. Too bad it’s not written in Spanish.
And because I love the colorful Costa Rican colones and the sea creatures pictured on the bills, I threw in some underwater creature fabric. There aren’t any sharks on the fabric, but there is a section with a dolphin, and fishes in the mix. Unfortunately, I didn’t have sloth fabric at my disposal- I might have had to dream that up myself at Spoonflower
Here’s the full frontal view on the yellow hibernating-until-just-last-week lawn. The fabrics were literally all scraps (my favorite part, my frugal self is continually haunted by scraps), I ran out of specific fabrics as I went along but there were 2 or 3 fabrics I had enough of to include in every block and achieve some continuity.
FYI- I sewed the vertical rows together first (10 in this case) then the 10 sections together, pressing with an iron in between.
For the full tutorial on foundation piecing and making this quilt look here.