Fabric Pumpkin Easy Sewing Project
This tutorial goes through the step by step process of making your own pattern- for the pumpkin size you would prefer- to sewing, stuffing and all the way through all of the details in finishing the pumpkin.
This fabric pumpkin easy sewing project is great for learning how to sew. A great introduction to using a sewing machine on a smaller project.
Use your creative mind to come up with options on all of the elements in this project. I challenge you to use what you have and purchase nothing for this project!
For this project you will need:
- sewing machine
- glue gun
- fabric scissors
- hand sewing needles, thread
- ruler, paper scissors
- pumpkin pattern (see below)
- various fabrics
- plastic craft pellets, dried rice, beans, corn etc.
- soft stuffing and or fabric scraps
- twine, yarn, embroidery floss, thin ribbon etc. (for fabric details)
- felt and fabric for constructing leaves
- small piece of wood (or rolled up felt etc.) for the pumpkin stem
Once you’ve caught the bug for making fabric pumpkins I betcha can’t make just one. They’re so easy to make and match and make some more. Thanks for following along and Happy Halloween!
Feeling the Halloween spirit? Check out these fun homemade Halloween costumes I’ve made throughout the years.